Lofts recognises its responsibility to the community to protect and enhance the environment in which we operate.
Loft Quarries’ policy includes:
- A commitment to reviewing the environmental aspects of Lofts operations and establishing objectives, targets and programs for all aspects with potential to have a significant impact on the environment. Objectives and targets will be reviewed on an annual basis, or as new significant aspects of our operations are identified.
- A commitment to continued compliance with relevant environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements applicable to the delivery of Lofts services to our clients.
- Respecting our environment and operating in recognition of community expectations with regard to resource utilisation and management.
- A commitment to preventing pollution created from activities under our control. This will be done by minimising or eliminating the introduction of contaminants to the natural environment that cause an adverse change.
- Ensuring our people understand our core values and expectations in relation to environmental consciousness.
- Encouraging our people to look for new and better ways to manage the potential impact of our operations on the environment.
- Maintaining a certified Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
Our strategies for the fulfillment of this policy include:
- Monitoring of environmental performance and compliance with management systems will be conducted, analysed and reported with the intention of continually improving the effectiveness and environmental performance of our operations and environmental management systems.
- Offering our clients recycled materials as an option
- Ensuring that all waste is disposed of in the most appropriate and environmentally sensitive way, including reuse and recycling where available. Where necessary for compliance purposes, specialist qualified and licensed contractors shall be engaged for disposal of waste.
- Utilisation of resources with consideration for the environmental impact, especially with regard to consumption of energy, water, consumables and chemical materials.
- Most effective utilization of vehicle used to transport our products by minimizing waiting time, optimizing transport routes and driver behaviour.
Quarry Materials offer to our customer shall aim to minimize environmental impact as per hierarchy below:
- Offer most effective solution to meet customer needs
- Offer recycling materials that meets specification
- Offer most energy efficient transport option
Disposal of waste shall follow the waste management hierarchy below:
- Energy recovery
- Volume reduction
Office Sustainability is implemented with the following practises:
- We only purchase what we need;
- We recycle wherever possible;
- We segregate recyclable materials to reduce waste.
- We minimize energy usage by using natural light wherever possible.
- Only print when we need to
- Purchase energy efficient office equipment
- Recycle toner cartridges
Training and information shall be provided to employees so that they are aware of the environmental aspects relevant to their area of operations, the requirements of the integrated management system and waste management procedures. Adherence to responsible environmental management principles and practices and to management system requirements will apply to all areas where a Lofts representative is working, whether in their own work area or on a client’s sites.
Employees who operate so as to undermine the policy and its supporting strategies, may be subject to disciplinary action.